Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Drywall

As an architect, renovating my own house was a great experience. More than anything, it gave me some insight into the range of emotions that my clients go through over the scope of a home renovation project.

Just before the drywall was installed, I reached a point where I was so used to looking at framing that I stopped imagining my house as a home! It felt like it would never be comfy and clean and quiet again! It takes a while to get all of the plumbing, electrical, and HVAC work done, and to the homeowner, there's not much to see during that phase. Then, as soon as the drywall is installed, the house transforms and begins feeling like a home again. It's still messy and noisy, and there's nowhere to sit, but at least the walls are up and it looks brighter and cozier again. Below is a picture of the little 'living, dining, kitchen' space in my basement:

1 comment:

lcrenovation said...

Just found your site and I love it! and Truly beautiful! Love everything – from your new kitchen,You did an amazing job.
House Renovations in Battersea