Friday, November 21, 2008

Framing and Roofing

For all of my framing and roofing needs, I hired one of my favorite Portland builders, Western Oregon Builders. I hired them because they have excellent man-power and relationships with vendors. We spent only one weekend with a tarp on the roof, which was risky enough for me! We kept our oak floors in the living room, and our fir floors upstairs, so having the roof off was risky. Sure enough, even though it was mid-August, we had a major downpour! Again, I lucked out and my wood floors didn't get damaged.


Here's something to consider if you want to re-roof your house: the boom on the truck that delivers roofing material can only reach so far! Your general contractor will (SHOULD) take this into account when bidding your project, which is why it will cost more if you live on a difficult site. Lugging those heavy bags of asphalt shingles up ladders adds to the labor cost... In our case, we were so fortunate! We barely made it!

No comments: